Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Insurance for Recreational Vehicles in Mt Airy & Pilot Mt, NC
Recreational vehicles are unique when compared to normal cars and trucks for various reasons. If you have an RV, you will need the right kind of insurance to protect yourself, your vehicle and everyone else on the road.
At Simmons Insurance Agency, our dedicated insurance professionals work to find and tailor a policy specifically for your insurance needs. We will build a relationship on trust and timeliness so that you can get the RV insurance you need without a worry.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
RV insurance policies cover a lot of the same coverages as a normal auto insurance policy, but it also offers many unique coverage. An RV insurance policy may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation for damages to the RV caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for damages to the RV caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause someone else while operating the RV.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This insurance covers medical bills you and your passengers may face after an accident, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers damages and injuries that occur in an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance.
- Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance covers trip interruption expenses such as running out of gas or needing to be towed.
- Vacation Coverage: Vacation coverage provides compensation for extra liability while the RV is parked for vacation.
- Full Loss Replacement Coverage: Full loss replacement coverage is generally available for RVs less than 3-5 years of age and can cover the entire value of the vehicle rather than the cash value.
Depending on the class of your vehicle, you may need additional types of coverage such as full-time RV insurance. Be sure to speak with an insurance agent about the insurance your RV needs.
Insure Your RV Today
Insure your RV today with Simmons Insurance Agency. Call us at (319) 393-9410 or fill out an online quote form to get started today.
Common RV Insurance Questions
How Much Does RV Insurance Cost?
The cost of RV insurance varies depending on your driving record, age, credit score, location, value of the vehicle, coverage limits and other factors. Fill out an online quote to find out how much you can save on RV insurance.
How Much RV Insurance Do I Need?
Your RV insurance needs may depend on the value of your RV and your location. Keep in mind that different states have varying insurance requirements. In North Carolina, all drivers must carry at least:
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $60,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability
How Does RV Insurance Work?
RV insurance policies work essentially the same as an auto insurance policy. When you purchase RV insurance, you pay monthly premiums in return for coverage.
Other Insurance Products We Offer: